Thursday, January 3, 2008

A New Year, A New Look

2008. When I was a kid, I figured we'd have flying cars by the year 2008....or certainly by 2010! I'm finding the older I get, the faster the years go by. I sometimes wish they'd start slowing down a little bit. I'm reminded to take each day, each moment and treasure it. I certainly don't take advantage of every moment like I should, but watching my children certainly helps me remember to savor "normalcy" a little more often. I absolutely delighted in watching my girls open their gifts Christmas morning. I loved watching them unwrap "just what they wanted." Seeing their excitement in giving gifts to me and their Daddy was very heart warming as well.

Seeing snow isn't too common since moving to Oregon, but when the snow does fall, they rush to the window and watch the white flakes with wonder and smiling faces. Usually I start thinking about how cold it is outside when I see snow covering the grass. Sometimes it's good to be child-like!

Well, with the new year has come a new look.....a new look for me, that is. After being a blond for most of my life, I am now a brunette. Shocking, I know! The last few years I have had more and more trouble covering up my dark brown roots coming in. If I didn't keep up on it, I started to get a dark "ring" around the top of my head. Not a good thing! So, the other day I decided to stop fighting it, and just give in to my "au naturale" color. (Sigh) When I came home from the salon, I heard several gasps from my family....not really a good thing either. Of course my husband assured me he liked it (smart move, dear) but it was such a drastic change, I knew they were having a hard time embracing my "new" self. I've had it brown a few days now, and can say that I honestly do like it now. I don't regret my decision to go darker; I was definitely ready for a change.

Oh, and another thing, I'm pretty sure brunettes have just as much fun as blonds! And I have also been told by all 4 of my girls that I am very pretty with my new hair (their words, not mine) so I think I've switched to the dark side for good!!!

Happy New Year family and friends!

P.S. Pictures are coming later

5 comments:

Missy said...

I can save you time and just post the pic you sent to my phone. :)

Love your new look!

Adam Jackson said...

Like the new look Babe!

Dave Ambrose said...

Hey Stacey!! Dave just got comment from Adam on his blog and told me to go to Adam's blog and now I'm at yours!! Wow! Your family looks awesome and it sounds like you're doing great. Congratulations on your move! I need your new address. Your Christmas letter went to OH! Email at melodyambrose@sbcglobal.net. I would love to hear from you!

Anonymous said...

Hey you! Waiting with bated breath for those pictures! :)

Love you guys ~

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.