Monday, July 14, 2008

Camping Trip at Detroit Lake

Our camping trip was a success! We left for Detroit Lake on Thursday and came home Sunday afternoon. How much fun!!

Our girls are natural campers, which makes their mom super happy! The last time we went camping, Lyndsey was almost 2 and I was pregnant with Hannah....yea, it's been a while. I was so excited to see the girls running around with smiles on their faces. Oh, and we didn't even hear any complaints about being hot/tired/bored. That's a big deal :) Granted, they had plenty of friends to play with, but still, their attitudes were great all in all.

Detroit Lake is absolutely gorgeous. Our pictures just don't do it justice. The lake is huge and so cold. No wait, freezing. Really. It was well into the upper 80's outside, and the water still felt too cold to go swimming in. Really cold. One afternoon all the women went out into the middle of the lake on a raft to have some "girl time." After a while of sharing some stories and laughter, we all jumped in for a swim. Wow! Did I mention that the water was really cold??? Anyway, it was lots of fun.

We really enjoyed hanging with friends, and making new ones. Again, I have to say, I am so thankful for where God has placed us. We have seen such beautiful places and met such beautiful people; I just couldn't be any happier.

Below are a few pictures of our camping trip. This last one was such a success, I'm sure we'll have many more in the future. *One side note.....I had a blast camping, but nothing quite compares to comfy furniture and a nice hot shower at home :)

2 comments:

Adam Jackson said...

Had a great time with you babe! What an adventure that was! Thanks for introducing me to Pudgy Pies!

Karen Hossink said...

Thank you for your kind words on my blog, Stacey. I fully agree with you - our God is awesome!
Sounds like your camping trip was a success. But I don't know if I will be able to shake the cold feeling I have in my bones now, just by thinking about your dip in the middle of the lake. Brrr!
Guess I'll make my shower a hot one this morning. *grin*