Tuesday, February 24, 2009

That's What I Said

Last Friday morning the twins and I dropped Lyndsey and Hannah off at school. We often drive through a particular neighborhood on our way home. While we were driving through this neighborhood, Gracie exclaimed suddenly "Mom, I just saw rocka momma!" My mind quickly went through all the possibilities of what "rocka momma" meant in 4 year old terms. I wasn't sure I had heard her correctly, and asked her to please repeat herself. "I saw rocka momma in the window...in that house!" Grace was starting to get frustrated that I didn't understand what she was so clearly saying.

Finally it hit me. Several homes along the street had pictures of Barack Obama sitting in their windows. Then I also remembered that Grace and Emily's preschool class had been learning about past presidents and also the new president we now have. "Oh," I said. "You mean you saw a picture of Barack Obama?" Gracie's reply: "Yea. That's what I said, Mom!"

It just brought a little giggle to my day, and maybe it will for you too :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gracie, you made my day! Love, Grandma

Missy said...

Too cute! :)

This has happened with the twins and me a couple of times...luckily, I always have Hannah there to translate for me. :)

Karen Hossink said...

A little giggle, yes. But nothing like the "essential clothing" piece! LOL