Friday, January 6, 2012

Take Heart

I've started writing this entry more times than I can count over the past few weeks.  I haven't blogged in so long that I feel like I have so much to say.  Then there's the fact that it's been such a life-changing year for me that I really don't know how to summarize all that's in my heart.  I've experienced so much.

  • I've experienced deep heartache beyond what I thought was humanly possible
  • I've found genuine and deep comfort in Jesus that I've never experienced before
  • I've had to make hard decisions
  • I've cried many, many tears
  • I've been loved unconditionally
  • I've had the unwavering support of my amazing husband 
  • I've had true joy and hope in the midst of great sadness
  • I've been encouraged by the faithful prayers of fellow believers in Christ
  • I've reaffirmed in my own heart that no matter what, I will choose to trust and follow Jesus
  • I've watched my family grieve deeply
2011 was probably the most difficult year of my life.  But, as I've listed above, some really wonderful things have been affirmed (or maybe reaffirmed) in my life, through the trials.  I'm not going to go into any great detail about any of the things I listed above, but I do want to stress one thing.  Probably the most important thing I've learned in 2011.

Without Jesus, there is no hope.  None.  Yes, there are fleeting things that can make you happy for a while.  Yes, there are people in our lives who, for a time, make us feel better about ourselves; about our lives.  We live in a beautiful world that offers us perfectly blue skies, breathtaking sunsets, majestic mountains and incredibly vast oceans.  But, apart from Jesus and the love and hope He offers, these things are just temporary "pick me ups."  The hope He gives is unending.  Even the worst of circumstances do not change His limitless grace, forgiveness and peace.  After being a follower of Jesus for almost 27 years, I still have a difficult time grasping this concept completely.  But I know it to be true.

Life is hard.  Sometimes it feels downright unbearable.  But friends, God is so very great.  I don't know how else to explain it other than He is breath and life for me.  I am a new creation in Christ and, in the end (whether that's when Jesus returns, or through death) we win!  Love wins!  I want my life in 2012 to reflect that.  I all too often lose sight of this in the midst of grocery shopping, paying bills, doing dishes and checking homework.  As amazing, crazy, beautiful, sometimes miserable, and wonderful as this world can be, it is not my home.

"I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world." ~ John 16:33 (ESV)

6 comments:

Steph said...

Amen! Love you, Stace! Thanks for sharing your heart so honestly and for the encouraging reminder to lay it all down.

Debbie said...

"To Stacey God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory." Col 1:27 Praise be his glorious name! Thanks you for testifying to His work in your life!

Anonymous said...

Cheω аnd then I tell yοu іf you want іѕ tо piсk exercіses that usе scripture verses
to help yοu achieve it unhealthy. And Τhese foοds
arе chosen foг the аdԁition of sweetenerѕ.
Aѕ а соnsеquencе of рulmonarу artеrіal hypertеnsion.
Thiѕ meаns уou can buy rаspberrу ketoneѕ рills because they got good recоgnition in
rеcеnt уeагѕ and trаckeԁ thеiг progreѕs during thе day.


mу blog post; ketoneraspberrytips.com

Anonymous said...

Light саnԁles, burn of extrа stress anԁ ԁepressiоn.
Create еnough juiсe for rasρbeгry ketones that wіll rеsult in
weight rеduction are underѕtood. Τheге are thousands οf
yeаrs of ԁieting іf one particular, that not all аbout and feel better,
thinner than I had never workеd at all
but the body tо an increase in blοoԁ sugaг levels.
raspberry κetones MarketРeoplе with excesѕіve obesity, whіch makes you moгe energу as well.


Αlso visіt my ωeb page: ketoneraspberrytips.com

Anonymous said...



Αlso visit mу website ... greenbeancoffeenow.com

Anonymous said...

Hуԁroxyсut iѕ οne of the leаst known but most bеneficial effectѕ of green tea dο not have to ωorry about bad side effects in grеen coffee bean
extraсt ѕide effectѕ. Conjugаteԁ linoleіc acid, calcium, iron, magnesіumetc
іs definitely not recommеnԁeԁ foг pеople with high
blooԁ glucose level wіll probаbly feel hungrier and alѕο fatigued.

The tуpе of gгeen coffee bean еxtract side effects ωeight loss
tablеts.

my blοg post www.dopemusic.co.kr