Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Hair Do's....and Don'ts

Last night my husband and 4 daughters spent some wonderful quality time together...the results are as follows:

















Doesn't he look marvelous? One of my 3 year old twins looked at these pictures today and said "Aw, Daddy is so adorable!" The girls were quite proud of their creations :)

I am so thankful that I have a husband who is willing to spend this kind of time with his daughters. He has never once complained or shown any regret that we never had a son. He's totally willing to sit and have his hair (not to mention his manhood) completely adulterated if it means spending time with his girls :) It just warms my heart.

I know of some men that are all about being a "man's man," but I see my husband being more concerned about being "God's man" instead. For that, I am grateful beyond words. Being sensitive to who God wants him to be as a dad, as a husband, and as a friend is what makes him a real man, in my eyes. I have seen my husband grow in his sensitivity to his girls (all 5 of us) over the years, and again, it warms my heart. He continues to strive toward gentleness with his little ladies. Some day our girls will grow into young women, and I know how much they will appreciate his gentleness, patience, and sensitivity to their needs as girls. They (as I) need him to be "God's man." It's a great deal of responsibility that he has taken seriously. Thank you honey! Because you choose to honor God as my husband, and the father of my children, you are all the man I need....pretty bows and all!!!

Oh yes, and to those of you who are waiting for my pumpkin patch pictures, they are coming soon. I promise!

3 comments:

Missy said...

Very nice...maybe you should let the girls do his hair for church, too.

Missy said...

Oh - and did Hannah get her haircut?? Tell her I LOVE IT!!! :)

Heather said...

What a guy! Your girls are so lucky to have a dad like Adam. He is a great godly man and I'm so glad he loves spending time with all his girls!! :)