Friday, November 23, 2007

Six and Counting


Our Hannah Brooke just celebrated her 6th birthday on Nov. 20. She wanted to spend the evening with her family at Chuck E. Cheese. I think she had a lot fun, to say the least! Hannah walked right up to Chuck E. Cheese and asked to have her picture taken with him (while her older sister tearfully tried to hide herself at the table!). Hannah has always been the brave one of her sisters, which scares her Mom a little bit. I was quite sure that by the time Hannah turned 3, she would have her first visit to the emergency room. Surprisingly, she hasn't made a visit yet in her six years. (Except for a trip made 2 years ago in the middle of the night with whooping cough.) But, so far, her injuries haven't been too serious.

Hannah has such an adventurous spirit about her. I love watching her get excited about new challenges and accomplishing new feats! And while she loves excitement and adventure, she also has a gentle, compassionate heart. She has a heart that is very aware of what others around her need. Just recently I have found her sweeping the floor for me, putting away toys, or helping her little sisters reach something that's out of their reach. She isn't asked to do any of these things; it's purely out of a desire to care for and help others. I am so thankful for her sensitivity to others.

Hannah is also our source for lots of laughs! I posted some "Hannahisms" a while ago that show what a sense of humor she has as well. She has a contagious smile that melts my heart and makes me smile too (sometimes when I don't want to smile because she is being talked to sternly. I don't know how many times I've had to turn away because I don't want her to see me smiling when I'm trying to discipline her on a certain issue. The expressions this kid makes are sometimes too much!).

Overall, this daughter of ours is just an unbelievable blessing from God. I am so glad she is mine. It's my honor to raise this little girl into a young lady who loves her Heavenly Father. I love you Hannah Boo!

1 comments:

Missy said...

I love you too, Hannah-Boo! I'm so glad you had a wonderful 6th birthday!

Love,
Missy