Thursday, May 1, 2008

Fun in the Sun (Sun River, that is)

Recently my hubby and I, along with all the BCC staff, spent a couple days at Sun River. For my far away friends and family...Sun River is a very beautiful resort area near Bend, OR. Having explained that, let me just say.... HOW FUN! I don't honestly remember the last time I laughed that much! Really. It was such a great time of hanging with our "family." I find myself falling more in love with these people that God has us serving with. Yes, we all have our quirky imperfections... but as with any family, you accept them completely and maybe love them even more because of the quirkiness :)

On Tuesday, all the ladies got together and went to the spa for some pampering. Oh my goodness. I think I've found a new favorite past time! Oh yea, baby. Two words... sugar scrub. I had a fantastic foot, leg, and arm massage that was just heavenly. It was just a great time of rest and relaxation, sharing and laughing. I fully enjoyed myself :)

On Tuesday night, we had a fantastic meal together and then headed into our game portion of the evening. It was the women vs. the men. I must say it brought out the competitive side of us ladies. Although the men were victorious, the women gave a good fight and lost by only a small amount. Again, the evening was full of laughter, fun, and memorable moments. Just too fun!

As much fun as I had while away, I missed my girls so much! My dear, sweet friend watched all four of them for 3 whole days. You know who you are, and as far as I'm concerned, you are Superwoman!

Although it was a great time to get away to play and relax, I am so glad to be home. We had a lot of "family" that didn't go with us, and we missed them. It's good to be home!

Below are some pictures of our time in Sun River. There are a couple that aren't from the trip, but most are. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

So thankful your hearts were filled and refreshed through time with your friends!

And yes ~ sugar scrub is the best, isn't it? Ah, bliss!

Love you!

Missy said...

Looks like a BLAST! Glad you guys had so much fun! :)