Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Bringing 2008 To A Close

Well, as usual, it's hard to believe that another year has come and gone. Wow. This year has been a good one, but not necessarily an easy one. Lots of valleys, heartaches, trials, disappointments. There have been plenty of wonderful moments as well, but it's the tough times that stick out in my mind. I'm not trying to be a "downer" here, really. When I think of all those tough times, I think of how God was faithful through each and every trial. His promises held true during those rough and rocky times. I didn't always have a smile on my face, but I did have peace in my heart (as long as my eyes were on Him, and I wasn't trying to fix everything myself). I don't know how I'd ever survive the hard times without having Him to rely on. My Lord really does bring a peace that passes all understanding. God's mercy and grace are never lacking. Never.

So as I look back at this past year, I see God. I see how He is everything I need when I'm scared and uncertain. I see how He has blessed my husband and I with 4 little girls to laugh with, to nurture and to teach. I see that he has placed life-long friends in my path. I see that God has given us a new church family. He's given us the responsibility to serve with them and encourage them to grow closer to their Creator, to know that they are loved beyond measure. God's chosen to bless me with a husband who is also my pastor now. I'm always challenged by his teaching.

The list goes on and on! I am blessed beyond belief! Through the good and the not so good, and the horrible, God never changes or becomes less. He is always sufficient, always giving me strength and direction as I seek Him. I don't know what 2009 holds for me and my family, but I do know that it will be full of opportunities to trust God and praise Him in uncertainty, and thank Him for incredible blessings, and to love Him for who He is. Happy New Year!

Here are some pictures of the family (and friends) as we bring 2008 to a close.

3 comments:

Karen Hossink said...

"Through the good and the not so good, and the horrible, God never changes or becomes less."
And that is why we can have peace!

Thanks for sharing your reflections on the year gone by. I love remembering God's faithfulness in my own life, and hearing about His presence in other people's live, too!

Adam Jackson said...

I enjoyed 2008 with you babe and am looking forward to what God has in store in 2009! I love you!

Missy said...

I can't believe you really posted that picture. Not nice. :(

But...I still love you. :) And, I'm still thankful God brought you and your family into my life!