Friday, March 6, 2009

My Name Should Be Forgetful Fran

Okay, it's been one of those days. And as you can see by the time this was posted, it's not even close to being lunch time yet. I can only hope this day goes uphill from here. Sigh.

I have forgotten (or nearly forgotten) all of these things today. Hang in there, it's a long list!


  • I forgot to set my alarm last night. My hubby gets up early for elder meetings on Friday, so he wasn't around to wake me up either. Needless to say, I woke up about 15 minutes late and therefor set the stage for the rest of my blunder-filled morning. Read on if you dare...

  • I forgot to put coffee beans in the coffee maker before turning it on. I noticed the grinder sounded weird when running, but didn't really notice it until my brewed coffee looked strangely like water.

  • I forgot today was hat day for Lyndsey and Hannah at school. Fortunately my girls reminded me before we left.

  • I forgot to grab Hannah's weather box (a project she's been working on for school that's due today) before heading out the door this morning. (I did remember it before we left our subdivision though)

  • I forgot to make Lyndsey a ham, cheese and mustard sandwich instead of the peanut butter and jelly that was already packed in her lunch bag. After some tears (Lyndsey's, not mine) I made a second sandwich. Good news? I now have a PB&J sandwich made for one of the twins' lunches :)

  • I forgot to grab my purse before driving the girls to school. Yes, I drove about 5 miles without my license. So sue me.

  • I forgot to put on some "essential clothing" before taking the girls to school. I was scared to death I'd get in an accident and be taken to the hospital without this "essential" item. Way too personal? Sorry.

  • I forgot to grab Hannah's spelling words before we left for school. It's a Friday morning ritual to do a quick review of her words during our commute, before her big spelling test. I forgot the list of words, and Hannah could only remember 3 of them. I am prepared to take full responsibility if she does poorly on her spelling test today.

  • I forgot to go out early and scrape the frost off the van windows. Almost every morning I scrape the windows and have the van toasty warm for the 5 minute drive to the school. Taking the time to clear the windows only made us later than we already were! Aaarrgghh.

  • Lastly (I think), I almost forgot the twins. Yes, it's true. I had Lyndsey, Hannah, lunch bags, backpacks, the weather box, my coffee (the real kind) and myself in the van. The twins had been upstairs playing dress up while I was flying around like a crazy person. I did remember to put them in the van before leaving the driveway. At least I wasn't halfway to school when I remembered. Oy.

So, that's my day so far. Do you think I'm totally losing it? Oh, it's very possible, I assure you! I really need to get the twins dressed in something other than dress-up, take a shower, and head to the library and the store for some stuff I've been meaning to pick up all week. Oh, and I need to get the mail too. I've forgotten to check my box for the last two days now. Yikes! I really hope this is a phase... I'm too young for senility, aren't I?


Have a happy Friday, all!


*UPDATE*

It is now about 12:45 in the afternoon and I can truly say, this day hasn't changed course much. I'm at the point where I need to laugh about the events of my day, or otherwise risk losing my mind. A few minutes ago I said to Emily "Em, Mommy has lost her marbles! What should I do about that?" Emmy's reply: "Find them." I think this pic sums up how I've felt since waking up this morning. It's good to laugh :)

4 comments:

Karen Hossink said...

Oh Fran, I mean Stacey, I am so truly very highly incredibly, more than you can imagine SORRY for how hard I was laughing while reading this post!
But that part about the personal item you forgot to put on? That just did me in! ROTFL!!!
By the way, thanks for posting about your forgetfulness. You reminded me of something I have been forgetting to do, so I stopped midway through reading and made the phone call. You're a gem. *grin*

Anonymous said...

Stacey! I too was sniggering as I read your post, but mostly because I can totally identify! And yes - you ARE too young for senility, so hang in there!! I hope that "personal item" made it back on you after your shower. :)

Alice

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS! You crack me up! At least you can remember to make the list! I'm here to tell you, it only gets better!! It's not painful, just makes one laugh alot! Thanks for the smiles! Love, "one" of your 50 year old friends, Thelma

Anonymous said...

Oh my dear! Sounds like early onset to me...no worries though, it sounds like you pretty much did remember everything, albeit not timely....I drive kids to school in 1/2 pajamas and slippers every day....on purpose!
Join the club....it's fun! From your other 50 year old friend :o) Louise