Saturday, October 10, 2009

Fall Festivities!

This was a fun weekend for the Jackson clan. I wasn't sure we would even have much of a weekend at all, because I have been sick and I thought one of the girls was on the verge of getting the flu, as well. Fortunately, everyone is relatively healthy as of right now. Sooo, because of that, we made good use of this gorgeous, sunny weekend. It looks like we've got lots of rain headed our way within the next week, so I'm soaking in as much vitamin D as I can :)

Below are a few pictures of our weekend together. We visited a new pumpkin patch (much closer to our house than last year's pumpkin patch) and it was a huge success! Hay mazes, animals, pumpkins galore, big slides, duck races, pumpkin bowling, a corn maze, and a hay ride that took us to a hilltop with an amazing view. We also saw a pumpkin get launched out of a cannon. Incredible! Lots of fun :)

Saturday, we made our way out to the Hoyt Arboretum and enjoyed an hour long walk along the beautiful wooded trails. We really enjoyed the lookout point where we could see Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Ranier, the base of Mt. Adams, and Mt. Hood. A-MAZ-ING!!! Well, we didn't really officially see Mt. Hood, because the trees were in the way, but we see Mt. Hood all the time, so that wasn't quite as big of a deal ;)

There are a few pictures below of Gracie and Emily together. I took them before they headed off to school. It was picture day and I thought I'd have them practice their "picture taking skills" before they left :) Sometimes those two just melt my heart!

I hope to make a pumpkin pie from scratch this week, since, as I said in the previous post, that is one of my favorite fall traditions! I'll have to let you know if it turns out... Also, next weekend we'll be carving the Jackson family pumpkin and roasting up some delicious seeds. Pictures will follow, I'm sure.

Happy Autumn!!!


1 comments:

Monm said...

Beautiful pictures!! I'm glad you were all feeling well enough to go on your annual expedition--looks much warmer than our trek to the pumpkin farm! Can't wait to see you all again!