Wednesday, August 8, 2007

8 Already?





Our oldest daughter, Lyndsey, turned eight a few days ago. Wow! It just doesn't seem possible, and yet it is very true! On August 5, 1999, an absolute wonder of God's creation entered my life. I remember being amazed when I first laid eyes on my little girl. The first words out of my mouth when Lynds was born were "God is so good!" And now when I look at my beautiful 8 year old girl, my thoughts are still the same. God, you have given me a treasure in my Lyndsey! You are so good!


Lyndsey and her family spent the day at the Children's Museum in Portland and had a great time! It was fun watching Lyndsey and her sisters use their imagination all afternoon. She then had dinner at Chevy's, a mexican restaurant. After we were done eating, the Chevy's staff serenaded her with a song and gave her a sombrero to keep. She wore it quite proudly :) Then we spent time browsing in a local book store, which she liked, since reading is one of her favorite things to do. There are so many things I love about my oldest daughter:
  • She loves her sisters and watches out for them
  • She loves Jesus and desires to obey Him
  • She is an excellent reader
  • She is a huge help to her mom on a daily basis
  • She shows concern for others
  • She is already a planner (just like Mom)
  • She gives great hugs
  • She is a giggler
  • She is always ready to forgive
  • She has gorgeous blue eyes
  • She is a sweetheart
  • She loves me and her dad, even though we aren't perfect parents...thank you honey
I just can't express how much I love this little girl, that's growing up to be a young lady. All too soon she's going to be a teenager, making some very big decisions in life. Lord, I pray she chooses to follow you all of her life. And please help me to love her as you love her. Thank you for giving us Lyndsey. She's so special and I can't imagine my life without her. I love you Lyndsey Lu!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Lyndsey! We've been thinking of you all week as you celebrate the big-8! We're so thankful God made you! We love you lots and lots! ~ Aunt Nikki and all the guys