Friday, August 3, 2007

Busy, But Good

Today, just as many days, has been a crazy, hectic and busy day. What have I accomplished today? Not a whole lot it seems, and yet I find myself preparing for my husband to come home from work already. Nothing special was on my agenda today; I made a quick trip to the grocery store, made the kids lunch, threw in a load of laundry, made a dessert for a get-together I'm attending tonight, played a few rounds of "squirt guns" with my girls, cleaned up several spills, did dishes, the list goes on and on with mundane things. And yet, I look back at my day with contentment and satisfaction. Oh yes, and with gratitude. Grateful for spilled juice and loads of laundry, you ask? Well, kind of!

Having a day like today reminds me that God has given me the desires of my heart. No I do not like juice stains on our white carpet, but I do love my little Gracie who put them there! Did I really appreciate the grass stains I scrubbed at on Hannah's new capris? No, not especially, but I love being Hannah's mom and doing her laundry so she can have clean clothes to wear every day (even if they don't stay clean very long!). As long as I can remember I've had a desire to simply be a mom and nothing else. Well, I wanted to be a wife too....first thing's first :) There are several days, I'm ashamed to say, that I would love to take a looong vacation from motherhood, but here I am with 4 fantastic daughters, a husband who loves me, even though I don't deserve it, and a house with a bathroom just for me and my husband....does it get any better than this? I think not!

So today, I just wanted to take time to say "thank you" Lord! Thank you for taking the ordinary and making it an extraordinary blessing for me. God you are so good and you know me well. For that, I am thankful.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanking God with you, my sweet sister, and rejoicing in His marvelous grace!

Love you guys ~